Saturday 15 March 2014

Easy Homemade Iced Coffee

Earlier this week I had iced coffee for the first time. I don't know why I'd waited so long to try it, I love coffee and a friend of mine always gets it and says how much she loves it. I can just tell that's its going to become a new obsession and I can't wait until the summer when I need a caffeine kick but don't want to drink hot coffee.
 
As much as I enjoyed my Iced Latte from Costa, I couldn't help but think that there must be an easy way of making it at home. After a little research I gave making it myself a go using instant coffee, milk, water and sugar and it turned out pretty well.



Here's my recipe for easy homemade iced coffee:
 
To make 1 large glass
2 level teaspoons of instant coffee granules
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
1/4 cup or 60ml of warm water (hotter than lukewarm but not hot)
1 cup or 250ml of milk (I used semi-skimmed)
Ice
Extra milk if required
 
Take a clean jar with a secure lid or a cocktail shaker, flask etc. (anything that has a secure lid and can be shaken easily) and put all the ingredients in, secure the lid and shake well until it is very frothy. Pour into a large glass half filled with ice and you're done!
 
If you prefer your coffee sweeter (I only ever have about a quarter of a teaspoon in hot coffee - if any) add more sugar until it suits you, and likewise if you want more milk, pour in as much as you need after you've poured the frothy coffee into the glass.
 
I couldn't believe how easy and how well this turned out and I'm so glad I won't have to spend a couple of pounds every time I want some iced coffee in the future!
 
 I'd love to hear if you've managed to make it successfully and if you have any variations I should know about! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment