Thursday 10 April 2014

Strawberry, Blueberry and Raspberry Smoothie

I love a good smoothie every now and again. Its a great way to use up any fruit and it definitely helps make revision more bearable. 


Yesterday I had some low fat natural yoghurt that needed using up, and seeing as I had a couple of bags of frozen berries in the freezer* I thought I'd whip up a couple of glasses of smoothie to brighten up my morning.

To serve 2:
  • 100g of low fat natural yoghurt
  • About 80g of raspberries
  • About 40g of strawberries
  • About 40g of blueberries
  • 150ml of apple juice
Chuck all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blitz until smooth.

I love this combination of berries - blueberries are fast becoming one of my favourite fruits and I love how they give this smoothie such a deep pink and rich colour.

By using either the fruit or yoghurt from frozen it will make the smoothie cold and refreshing.



* I had two 400g bags of frozen fruit from Sainsbury's; one raspberries and one strawberries and blueberries

No comments:

Post a Comment