Friday 22 August 2014

Current Obsession: Metcalfe's Skinny Topcorn in Sweet 'n Salt

I thought I would start a series of posts on my current obsessions, which will include products, meals, ingredients etc. To begin with I have to talk about something which I have been reaching for nearly everyday for the last month or so. Metcalfe's Skinny Topcorn.


I think this is amazing stuff. Tasty, sweet and salty enough to satisfy any craving and fairly healthy - what more could you want?! I really like the popcorn in Graze boxes and when I was looking for some healthy-ish snacks to take to Wimbledon with me in June I thought I'd check out what healthy popcorn was available in Sainsbury's. I spotted the pack of 6 individual bags of this Metcalfe's Topcorn and thought I'd give it ago. I love this so much I haven't even considered trying out any other brands.

The multi-pack of individual bags is great because (as it says on the front of the bags) its perfect for lunchboxes or handbags. I often get quite hungry when out and about so I love throwing one of these into my bag when I'm going to be out for several hours in case I get peckish - and at 78 calories per bag it is not something to feel guilty about later! They also make big bags, with 3 portions in, which is great for having in the house as something to munch on when watching TV etc.

This popcorn has a great flavour. Each piece is sweet and salty, which I love because recently I've been a bit obsessed with mixing sweet and salty flavours. I didn't expect it to be so packed with flavour because of how little calories are in each portion. There are only 4 ingredients - popped corn, vegetable oil, sugar and salt. They have other flavours but right now I'm too obsessed with this to try the others. Its also gluten free and suitable for vegetarians.

This is a great low fat snack that tastes a lot more indulgent than it is, it doesn't leave your fingers greasy and is perfect for loads of occasions. If you're looking for an alternative to crisps or chocolate for a go-to snack when out and about or at home, give this a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment